Monday, April 4, 2011

Big Church

I took Turner with me to "Big" church yesterday. She loved it. She saw several teachers from preschool and other family friends. Then, we took communion together, which was really special. We even kneeled at the altar and prayed a forgiveness prayer together. It was amazing how much she tuned into, including that the Bible verse was from the book of "Micah," which happens to be our Godson's name!

Anyway, after church and many vigorous waves and points to people during the service, she looked at me and said, "MOM! I LOVE big church. Can we go together every week? I knew EVERYONE. And they even had a SNACK!" :)

What a gift to see the worship of our Almighty God through the eyes of a five year old who GETS IT. The church is -- after all -- the community of people. And thank God for a life-giving "snack" that reminds us we are cleansed in His righteousness forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment