Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sweet Time in Sumter

We had a great visit to Sumter this past week and felt so blessed to be able to spend some time with our most dear and special Grandy! Turner had her telling stories of when she was a little girl, and Grandy delighted her with a beautiful Sleeping Beauty dress-up dress and heels!

It was also a joy to see Aunt Niki, Uncle Clete and -- of course -- Cousin Ryan. We had a ball with you guys! Thanks for being such gracious hosts of the "silly zoo." :)

Funny story from the week:

On Friday night, I made supper at Grandy's apartment. Turner was REALLY acting like a three-year old (think brushing her hair with a fork, sitting on Parker, etc.). So much so, that she had to have a time-out during supper. I was completely exasperated and frustrated with her behavior by the time we left to go back to Nicole's for bedtime. On the way home, I called Thomas to check in and "vent" about our evening. He asked to speak to Turner about it. Here is the conversation:

"Turner, Mommy told me you were misbehaving tonight and disobeying her. Is that true?"

"Yes, Daddy...I guess I left my manners in Atlanta." (said in the most coy little voice EVER).

So, we got back to Aunt Niki's, and Turner immediately jumped in Uncle Clete's lap, as sweet an angel as could ever be. I finally corralled her and got her to bed. When it was time for prayers, she said, "Dear God, please forgive me for all the things Mommy told Daddy I did tonight. Amen."

Are Thomas and I in trouble, OR WHAT????!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment