Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Box of Blessings

So, I was having a kind of down day yesterday. I was tired from moving, traveling with two little kids and changing time zones. Tired of being in a hotel and having no home or car or "freedom." Tired of so much uncertainty. And tired of not knowing how to get to the nearest grocery store without a GPS.

Plus, I was feeling frustrated, because several important things were not working out as planned.

God bless her, Turner knew JUST what I needed...

She came up to me, and she was holding a little box I had given her. She said, "Mom, you know what is in this beautiful box? Some songs to remind us of God's promises!"

She then proceeded to sing, "God is bigger than the boogie man, bigger than Godzilla and the monsters on tv. God is bigger than the boogie man, and He's watching over you and me," along with "Jesus loves me" and "I will trust in your Word, in your Word, in your Word."

Now isn't God amazing? He sends us messages and messengers in all shapes and sizes. Thank you, sweet Turner, and THANK YOU, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment