Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The "OC"

"The Lord will guide you always; he willl satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." - Isaiah 58:11



So...God has called The Guerard family to a new place. A place I'd never have thought we'd be going in a MILLION years. And I am chuckling as I type it...


The "OC," or Orange County, CA!

It's crazy and happened pretty quickly, but the decision was bathed in prayer, and we really feel like it is something God is calling us to do as a family. Thomas will be working in a small office out there and will be doing his same job. It is a growing market for Chick-fil-A, so it is a neat opportunity.



Southern California is a place I would never pick to live, but it is truly a beautiful part of the country, so I know we can have some neat adventures in the three years we'll be there. I keep laughing when I think about how God must have smiled over me in Community Bible Study this year, knowing full well that He'd be calling me to "Egypt," and I'd be equipped to recall his promises to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, etc., etc. "I'll be with you!" "I'll go with you!" "I'll be with you!"


Honestly, these promises are exactly what I've heard His still, small voice whispering over and over to me the last few weeks: "Alison, I'll be with you. I'll go with you, Alison. Trust me. Follow my call. Put those Bible study 'words' into 'action.' I have prepared you for this. You can do this."


I have so many mixed emotions, because I love our community here so deeply. I love being a drive away from our family. I love our neighbors. Our friends. Our church. The blessing in this, though, is that I don't have to say "goodbye" -- I truly get to say, "see you later!" We'll be back to visit and back to live in three years.



I cannot wait to see what God has planned for our family during this time away. I know He has prepared us for this next step, and we'll be forced to trust him fully as we shed the "known" for the "unknown."



"Here we are, Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment