Turner captured it best the other day when she was told it was time for her to "move up" in gymnastics to the 5-6 year old class.
She was elated at first: "Mommy, I'm moving up!!!"
This was quickly followed by tears and..."Mommy, I'm sad. I love Miss Rose. I love my class. What if I can't do all the new stuff? What if I don't like my new teacher?"
I FEEL it today. I am so torn. Torn between joy and sadness. Torn between the comfort of the past and the hope of the future.
You see, I registered my firstborn baby girl for Kindergarten today. I never thought I'd get all mushy and sentimental about Kindergarten. But, alas, I AM!
And as cliche as it all is, it seems like a blink since she was in my arms for the first time. And now she's on the verge of entering public school and learning to read and ride the bus and spend more hours in her day AWAY from me than with me. Yikes.
I am excited for her. She is ready. She is prepared. And as for me, I plan to pray big prayers, sit back, encourage her, and watch her blossom into the amazing girl God has created her to be!
Watch out, PEEPLES ELEMENTARY!
I wish she was coming to my kindergarten class!!
ReplyDeleteBritney -- ME TOO!!!! I would love it!
ReplyDelete