Dear Sweet Parker,
It is so hard to believe you are two! Where did the time go?
You have taught me so much about boys! And if you are any indication, they are sweet, sweet, sweet! And love their mamas. I pray you will always love your mama!
There is so much I love about you, baby boy…
I love the way you use plural nouns, by adding an –ses to everything. “Mommy, TRUCK-ses!” or “Mommy, COW-ses!” or “Mommy, Pap-ses!”
I love the way you look at your Sissy. With total adoration and trust. (Ok, and a little wary resignation!)
I love the way you have been taking off all your clothes and waking up naked, saying, “Mommy…SOOOO cold,” with a big grin on your face.
I love the way you have grown and become more independent. You are happy to go to school each day now and pray nightly for your “class.”
I have loved having some special one-on-one time with you on Mondays and Wednesdays. Our music class has been a joy. You fake like you hate it, but I know how much you love it…
I love the way you pray! It is so amazing to hear your little thoughts and realize you “get” it and want to talk to your creator. Just tonight you prayed for “Daddy. Home. Safe.” Our God HEARS your prayers and has been faithful to answer them. You and He have always had a special connection, I believe…even in my tummy.
I love the way you provide the comic relief in the family when we are taking ourselves too seriously. You are a clown! And a teaser. Today on the phone, you teased me saying one of our favorite inside jokes that always makes me laugh, “Mommy. Cow-ses. Get you.”
I love the way you ask me to “rock, rock” at night and your accompanying open mouth slobber kisses. Mmmmmm…
I love the way you can manage to wear pink beaded necklaces and heart bracelets but still hold a Tonka truck and look TOUGH.
I love the way you LOVE your family and friends. Every one of them. You are not too fond of strangers, but you sure know who you belong to!
I love the way you say, “Hold you, Mommy.” Melts my heart.
I love your caution. You check things out, make sure you have the lay of the land, and THEN go for it. You like to figure things out, and it doesn’t take you long to master them.
I love that Christmas is “Halloween,” that pumpkins are “apples,” that birds are “ducks,” that Santa is “Baby Jesus,” all cars are “trucks” and that you have your own little words for everything. (And you even know it!).
I love that you always ask me to bring your “stuff.” You like to take a ton of “stuff” everywhere we go. Trucks, paps, blankie, etc. I sometimes think you are my very own Linus!
I love that you have the sweetest manners. Even if they are used to try and get out of things, like baths or going to bed. “No THANKS, Mommy! No THANKS!”
Parker, there is so much to love about you! I am deeply grateful God gave me the opportunity to watch your personality unfold, discover who you are and help you see all your special gifts that make you a PERFECT you!
Love Always,
Mommy
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment