Monday, August 3, 2009

Put The Past Behind You...

The other day, I caught Turner holding both of Parker's arms behind his back. When I asked her what she was doing, she replied, "I am helping Parker put his past behind him." What??!!

Anyway, today I decided that maybe there was something to that, because we put a huge chapter of Parker's "past" behind us today...

Parker had his follow-up visit at Scottish Rite (nearly a full year after my 20 week ultrasound showed complications), complete with blood work, ultrasound and VCUG (dye x-ray). After the tests, we had a consult with his surgeon. She came into the room for our meeting and literally high fived us! She said she was truly surprised, but Parker appears to be doing great and will need no further surgeries!!! She said she had felt certain he was going to require more, but he will not!

God is so good and has answered our prayers! Thank you all for the prayers and support -- they brought peace during the crisis and ultimately, full healing for our son. We have come such a long way from what doctors said were "dead kidneys," kidneys that would be "non-functioning at birth," etc. Instead, we have a healthy, whole, energetic little boy!

AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment