Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What about Parker?

It's funny the things Moms fret over. I cannot tell you how many nights I laid awake during my pregnancy, worrying that I was somehow taking away from Turner by having another baby. There's no doubt I was wasting my mental real estate by spending even a second concerning myself with this.

Along those lines, this past weekend, we had some friends in town, and we were going to the zoo. Thomas had decided to stay home and hang out with Parker while I took Turner. Thinking she'd be thrilled to go "alone" with Mommy and have my full attention (which clearly I thought she was greatly missing...), I told her, "Turner, we get to have a special alone date to the zoo today. Just you and me. Won't that be great?!"

Her immediate response: "But, what about Parker? Why can't he come with us?"

So, alas, Moms out there: Sleep good. Worry less. And enjoy watching a new and precious relationship unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment